Share Your Wellness Journey & Get Featured by the IAWP
Congratulations on graduating from our Wellness Coach Certification program. The time and effort you have put into completing your studies, passing your CORE Coaching demo and earning your certification is an amazing accomplishment.
At the IAWP, our community is at the core of everything we do. As a valued member of our community, we want to share your story and celebrate your success in graduating from our program.
We love celebrating the accomplishments of our community and providing opportunities for you to promote your practice.
We would love for you to share your story and tell us more about your journey to becoming a Certified Wellness Coach. When you do, we will use your video to promote you and your practice on our website and via social media.
Outline Your Wellness Journey Story
Today, we’d like you to think back on your Wellness Journey and tell us a bit more about your story.
Now, a good story usually has three distinct parts and you can use these steps as a guide. . .
- The Set Up: What were you doing before you became a Wellness Coach?
- The Confrontation: What happened in your life that drove you to make the leap and start training as a Wellness Coach?
- The Resolution: What is your life like today after completing your Certification? What sort of transformation have you made personally and or professionally?
The best story is simple and comes from the heart. So we encourage you to make a few notes, or simply answer the survey questions below to help you get started.
Don’t worry about getting it perfect. Just speak from the heart and tell us more about how you have transformed your life on your wellness journey.
Share Your Success!
Success comes in many shapes and sizes, so be sure to tell us more about how you have. . .
- Impacted the health and wellness of a family member
- Improved your own health and well being
- How you have contributed to the health of your community via workshops, community outreach or through the media
- How you attracted your 1st, 5th or 10th client
- How you left your day job behind to focus on your coaching practice
- It’s your story, so tell us what you are most excited about!
A Few Tips for Your Video
- Introduce yourself as an IAWP Certified Wellness Coach. Tell us your name, your practice and be sure to share your website so potential clients will know how to connect with you.
- Follow the three part story format and share some details about what your life was like during all three stages.
- Keep your video to under 5 minutes
- Be sure to shoot your video horizontally like the picture below!
- Make a few bullet points that will help guide your answers to the questions above.
- Speak from the heart, don’t script it.
- Lighting – Be sure to have your light source in FRONT of you. Remove all lighting behind you as it will darken your face.
How to Film Your Video
- Use the webcam on your computer or simply use your smartphone, but be sure to use it in the horizontal position.
- Run a quick test to ensure you record in a horizontal position.
- Be aware of your background. You don’t want too much going on behind you, else it will distract the viewer from your story.
- Make sure that your lighting source is in front of you rather than behind you to avoid darkening your face. If you are near a window or light, you should be facing the window with the computer between you and the light source.
- Turn off your phone and other devices so you don’t get interrupted.
- Smile and have fun!
Here is a great example of how you want to crop your video:
How to Upload Your Video
- Once you film your video, you will need to upload to a site where it can be shared and the IAWP can download it. (YouTube, etc)
- You will enter the URL in the form below